Sun Books is a registered charitable not-for-profit organisation, which is part of the World Literacy Foundation. The World Literacy Foundation is a leading international literacy charity working in the United Kingdom, United States, Australia, Latin America and Africa.
See more: www.worldliteracyfoundation.org
- Human Centred Design
- Technology for Good
- Outcomes based Education
- Local Storytelling
- Authentic & original local content
- Our users are at the heart of all we do
- We are able to be flexible and adjust to the aspirations and needs of each community
- Observing and testing outcomes for continuous improvement
- We acknowledge children are engaged in learning through stories
- The Sun Books App, a solar powered tablet device with locally relevant and international e-books and activities aiming to support children’s learning by equipping classrooms with innovative digital technology
- Sun Books brings together innovative software and hardware to provide a unique educational tool, with durable solar charging capabilities
- It uses online Cloud technology to create content from different parts of the world
- The digital content can be accessed using the solar powered tablet or smartphone, with or without internet connection and/or electricity making it possible for it to be utilised in more rural locations. Plus, once the free content is downloaded it can be used with no data costs making it accessible for people regardless of their economic position.
- E-books and Digital educational content are created and designed alongside people within the communities we work in, to include local stories, images and sounds in the mother tongue and the English language, making sure it is locally relevant